Position: Para Site Intern
Period of Internship: Spring 2022 (February – June 2022)
Para Site is seeking interns for Spring 2022 with demonstrated interest in contemporary art, culture, and/or history, currently enrolled in undergraduate (third- and fourth-year students preferred) and graduate programs or recent graduates.
Para Site internships are paid, part-time positions. Please note that we do not provide visa support for interns. Candidates are required to commit to a minimum of 12 weeks, for at least two days per week, or equivalent of 14 hours per week. Evening availability once or twice a month for events and programmes may be requested.
- Proficiency in English and Chinese (Cantonese preferred, Mandarin a plus)
- Strong research, writing, editing, and translation (Chinese to English and English to Chinese) skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Reliable and able to work under tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and/or Premiere), Final Cut Pro, SketchUp and/or AutoCAD
- Flexibility with handling diverse tasks, including general office work
Additional Desirable Education and Prior Experience
- Previous internship or work experience preferred
- Familiarity with art history, museum studies, and/or history through academic study and/or work experience is an asset
- Experience in video production is desirable
How to Apply
If you are interested in taking part in the internship programme, please fill out the form at https://bit.ly/3JCiYb5 by 18 Jan 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
When applying for an internship with Para Site, please also indicate whether you will receive academic credits for your time at Para Site. If there are specific requirements or additional documentation required by your educational institution, please provide the details of these requirements with your application.
Internship responsibilities vary according to current programming needs. During your time at Para Site, you can expect:
- An introduction to the workings of a non-profit contemporary art institution
- Exposure and engagement with the contemporary art community of Hong Kong
- Feedback and guidance from contemporary art professionals
- Gain practical skills in art administration
Internship responsibilities may include some of the following:
- Prepare information on upcoming exhibition(s), event(s), educational materials, and special projects, such as the 2022 Art Basel Booth presentation and 2022 Art Basel VIP events.
- Help obtain images for exhibition catalogues and related use
- Provide editorial review and support for print and digital materials
Digital & Media Content Support
- Archive and/or reformat media assets
- Assist with exhibition-related spatial and/or graphic design
- Assist with exhibition and event documentation
- Adapt content from print and other media for web use
- Assist curatorial team and artists with light artwork production, including but not limited to equipment/material sourcing
- Liaise with artists and/or galleries, artwork couriers
- Assist with condition check of artworks
PS Shop and Gallery Operations Support
- Assist with opening and closing exhibitions and PS Shop for visitors
- Attend to visitors to exhibitions and PS Shop during gallery hours
Events and Programmes Support
- Learn the behind-the-scenes procedures of contemporary art events and programmes, such as exhibition openings and art lectures