Para Site, Hong Kong’s leading contemporary art institution and one of the oldest and most active independent centres in Asia, is now hiring a full-time Gallery Assistant to join our team.
- Assisting in the technical and facility management of the Para Site office
- Providing administrative support for exhibitions, programming, residencies, and annual auction including invoicing, venue booking, making travel arrangements, and archiving
- Arranging intern schedule to ensure the smooth running of the exhibition space and the office
- Providing support in financial arrangements and payroll
- Overseeing sales and inventory of publications
- Responding to general inquiries from the public
- Providing ad-hoc support to other team members as needed
- University degree
- High proficiency in spoken and written Cantonese and English is essential, proficiency in Mandarin is a plus
- At least one year of working experience within the art industry, specifically related to arts administration, accounting, and gallery/office management
- Creative, professional, self-motivated, with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Apple iOS, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Video editing skills are highly preferred
- Ability to work with a small team as well as independently
Five full days a week, Wednesday to Sunday, 11am–7pm, and additional events on weekday evenings and weekends as necessary
Applications (including a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and available start date) should be sent via email to email@example.com by 10:00 AM (HKT), Monday, June 21, 2021. Only selected applicants will be contacted. Submissions must be made in English.