Para Site is Hong Kong’s leading contemporary art centre and one of the oldest and most active independent art institutions in Asia. It produces exhibitions, publications, discursive, and educational projects aimed at forging a critical understanding of local and international phenomena in art and society.
We are currently seeking a part-time Project Coordinator to support the production of Para Site’s on-site and travelling exhibitions, public programmes, special events, and publications.
- Follow up the communication and liaison with artists, collect and consolidate artwork information for curatorial and communications purposes
- Assist artists on on-site artwork assembling or making, especially for commissioned artwork, material & equipment sourcing
- Communicate with Project Manager and art handlers, consolidate material & equipment spreadsheet for installation and dismantlement
- Site inspection for spatial utilization provides a better understanding for the Curators, Project Managers & artists. Consolidate special requirements of the venue, socket and lightning condition, prepare basic floor plan, documentation photos
- Upkeep gallery sit instructions, assist the maintenance throughout the exhibition period, problem-solving skills on incidents, proactively report to person-in-charge
- Coordinate public programmes, including video recording, follow up on application and registration, basic production, equipment checking, and preparation in advance
- Provide guidance and lead new interns on sourcing skills, oversee the condition check progress, assist with basic artwork handling, such as packing and delivery, report to and get approval from Project Manager
- Upkeep the installation tools, materials and equipment inventory, refill disposable materials from time to time
- Maintain daily gallery operation and front desk duties on Saturdays or Sundays
- Minimum 96 hours commitment per month, including two half days and one weekend per week.
- Four-year university degree in related fields, such as fine art, art history, culture management, architecture, comparable experience preferred
- High proficiency in spoken and written Chinese and English is essential, Cantonese preferred, and proficiency in Mandarin a bonus
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Apple iOS, Google Suite, and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Work in flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays if necessary
Applications (including a cover letter, resume, and available start date) should be sent via email to email@example.com by 10:00 AM (HKT), Monday, 2 October 2023. The review of applications will continue until post is filled. Only selected applicants will be contacted. Submissions must be made in English.