Founded in 1996, Para Site is Hong Kong’s leading contemporary art space and one of the oldest and most active independent art centres in Asia. Our pioneering institution has continuously adapted and strives to make a difference in the arts by responding to the complex challenges in the world today. Entering a new chapter of Para Site’s growth, the Development Manager will have the opportunity to have an impact on the evolution of the institution as an independent organisation. This role will also be able to participate in and contribute directly to Para Site’s long-term vision of year-on-year development through its ground-breaking programme. Para Site continues to be at the forefront in forging vital connections between Hong Kong and the world, with a global reach through its programme of exhibitions, publications, seminars, residencies, conferences, and educational initiatives.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our organisation. The role requires working closely with the Deputy Director to help broadening the institution’s network of supporters and strategic partners. This role will be central to the institution’s strategy of philanthropic engagement efforts, including high-profile prestigious events such as the Annual Gala and Fundraising Auction, the conception of new fundraising initiatives, and ensuring a robust and inspiring connection to individual donors, trusts and grant-making bodies, and corporate partnerships.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working with Deputy Director to identify, research, and implement proposals for new fundraising opportunities for Para Site both locally and internationally, including individual giving, corporate sponsorship, and foundations and government grants.
- Work closely with the Curatorial Team to identify funding and collaborative opportunities to support projects.
- Produce applications to grants and philanthropy initiatives.
- Support the Deputy Director with management of the Patron Programme and act as liaison with Para Site supporters, including overseeing the organisation of patron events.
- Support the conception and logistical coordination of high-profile fundraising and networking events such as the Annual Gala and Fundraising Auction.
- Establish and develop strong relationships with prospective supporters and funding bodies to secure the continuation of long-term funding streams for the institution.
- Help maintain and cultivate donor relations by creating enhanced value to Para Site programme offerings.
- Manage donation process, create and maintain records, and track matching and project-based donations.
- Produce accurate reports for donors, stakeholders, prospective funding partners, and government and foundation grants in a timely manner to meet internal and external deadlines, as well as facilitate communications with the Para Site Board.
- Liaise with Deputy Director and Gallery Manager to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare fundraising materials, brochures, contracts, which are consistent and to a high standard in line with key messages of the institution.
This is a full-time position, with work on some evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts, event management, or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of fundraising and/or event coordination experience preferred.
- High proficiency in spoken and written English and Cantonese essential, additional Mandarin a plus.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills. Proven experience of grant writing and delivering successful proposals preferred. In exceptional circumstances, other applicable experiences may be considered.
- Strong negotiation skills that can inspire trust through demonstrating sensitivity, discretion, and tact.
- Demonstrable knowledge of public and private sector fundraising.
- A keen interest in and good understanding of Hong Kong and international arts and culture and the key figures.
- Motivated by issues of sustainability related to non-profit institutions.
- Proactive problem solver and willingness to adapt to changes to achieve results.
- Good time management and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Proficiency in computer software including iOS, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite.
- Knowledge of data management systems such as eTapestry, Raiser’s Edge (RE), or Salesforce a plus.
Interested parties please send a full resume with salary expectation and available start date via email with subject “Development Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10:00 AM (HKT), Friday, 19 January 2024. Submissions must be made in English. Only desired candidates will be contacted. Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.